Tell your makeup artists, tell your bridesmaids. Basically… tell everyone. Anastasia Beverly Hills has officially released its “Soft Glam” palette, a bridal-inspired launch that will have brides (and ‘maids) clamoring for their purses—and their makeup bags. The Knot gets the exclusive first look at the eyeshadow palette, which is a softer version of the brand’s ever-popular Modern Renaissance product.
The newest addition is more muted than its predecessor, including neutral, metallic tones, pastel pinks and warm browns that are perfect for your wedding day. Soft Glam (available on February 14) is complete with 14 hues, including new shades like Burnt Orange, Cyprus Umber, Rose Pink and Glistening.
Claudia Soare, Anastasia Beverly Hills’ president, tells The Knot that this particular concept was inspired by her mother, Anastasia Soare—yes, the Anastasia. “For as long as I can remember, my mom has been wearing the same deep, warm neutral shades on her eyes and it’s always inspired me,” she says. Read our complete interview below.
1. You described Soft Glam as the “dream for MUA’s with a bridal clientele.” How so, what colors and swatches are you particularly inspired by for weddings?
Soft Glam is a palette full of essential neutrals and stunning metallic shades to create the ultimate glam look. I focused on having a good range of matte shades to sculpt and define the eyes as well as metallic shades that would pop on every skin tone. All of the rich warm browns, soft champagnes, and rose gold shades just scream bridal glam to me!
2. You had mentioned that your mother inspired you to pull together this palette from the “neutrals” angle. What sort of advice did she give you while developing this palette? What inspired each shade?
For as long as I can remember, my mom has been wearing the same deep, warm neutral shades on her eyes and it’s always inspired me. I knew if I was going to create a neutral palette it would be made first and foremost with those shades I’ve been inspired by for so long. We wanted this palette to not only be Anastasia’s ideal eyeshadow palette, but to also consider all of the shades that our customers love and use regularly. This palette is such a perfect go-to as its neutral for day or night, and that goes for both the shimmers & mattes. It has the versatility to be very sultry without overwhelming you with colors.
3. As a wedding guest yourself, what types of takeaways do you have in terms of bridal beauty? What are some important things brides and bridesmaids should be cognizant of when approaching makeup on their wedding days?
Working in makeup for many years and working alongside many bridal makeup artists, I’ve learned that it’s best to keep things that are too “trendy” at home on your wedding day. While blue lipstick and neon eyeshadow might be what’s in right now, these are photos you want to love for the rest of your life.
In addition, it’s also a good idea to consider makeup looks/products that just don’t read well on camera. For example, glitter looks amazing in person but doesn’t translate as well in photos. To summarize, it’s best not to take risks with your makeup on such a special day, which is why Soft Glam makes the perfect bridal palette to create soft or dramatic glam looks.
4. Pick one celebrity bridal beauty look and why her look was the perfect match for the “Soft Glam” seeker.
I think a good example of gorgeous celebrity wedding makeup would be Kim Kardashian’s look for her wedding. Her makeup was soft & bronzy with a black winged liner that enhanced her already gorgeous features. It was classic glam that I’m sure will continue to inspire bridal makeup in the future.
5. To you, what’s the ideal wedding outfit as a guest?
As far as wedding attire goes, you can never go wrong with a classic black dress!
6. What is the best way to approach a palette of this kind? Some of our followers might be overwhelmed, so it would be great to start with the basics from a pro!
What I love most about this palette is its versatility. This is definitely not a palette that needs to come with a laundry list of instructions in order to put together a look. The matte shades in this palette are flattering on all skin tones and can be worn through the crease or along the upper or lower lash line to contour the eyes. The metallic shades can be applied to the eyelid, inner corner, and/or lid to brighten the eyes.
7. Finally, who is the Anastasia bride? What makes her unique? What do you hope to achieve by targeting the bridal beauty industry?
The Anastasia bride is glamorous, unique, and definitely isn’t afraid of makeup. I hope this palette will ultimately become a favorite of working makeup artists as well as a staple for all makeup lovers.
The Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam Eyeshadow Palette, $42, Anastasiabeverlyhills.com.