Some of Hollywood’s hottest couples are channeling their creative energy to design seriously imaginative costumes for Halloween 2016. On the eve of the festive occasion, The Knot has compiled a list of the celebrity duos who dressed to impress over the holiday weekend.
1. Katy Perry & Orlando Bloom: With the election just around the corner, Katy Perry and her beau, Orlando Bloom, opted to transform into presidential candidates, Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump, to attend Kate Hudson‘s annual Halloween bash in Los Angeles on Friday, October 28. Perry, 32, who is a Clinton supporter, held hands with her agent, Michael Kives, who was dressed as Bill Clinton.
While Perry and Kives looked strikingly similar to the democratic nominee and her former president husband, Bloom’s over-the-top Trump ensemble included a larger-than-life mask and a bright orange wig under a “Make America Great Again” ball cap.
The “Rise” singer took to Instagram to share a photo of the trio donning their inspired costumes. “BILL & HILL 4EVA,” she penned before thanking the team who assisted in her transformation.
Perry’s efforts paid off, as Hudson dubbed the Clinton doppelgangers as “Best of the night.”
#imwithher Best of the night ✨🎃✨
A photo posted by Kate Hudson (@katehudson) on
2. Ryan Lochte & Kayla Rae Reid: Just weeks after getting engaged, Ryan Lochte and Kayla Rae Reid stepped out in Alice in Wonderland costumes for the Casamigos Tequila Halloween Party in Beverly Hills on Friday evening.
The Olympian, 32, made a believable Mad Hatter, while his former Playboy model fiancee, 25, rocked a sexy, Alice-inspired outfit. “Last night me and my beautiful Alice in Wonderland,” the Dancing With the Stars contestant captioned an Instagram photo of the lovebirds on the morning after the star-studded bash. Reid shared the same photo along with the message, “Last night with my mad hatter.”
3. Amy Schumer & Ben Hanisch: Funny girl Amy Schumer and her boyfriend, Ben Hanisch, made their Halloween 2016 debut as Strange Things characters, Dustin and Eleven, on Saturday, October 29.
The comedian, 35, pulled-off Dustin perfectly, donning a brown, curly wig, layered shirts, and a yellow baseball cap, while Hanisch channeled Eleven with his shaved head, pink dress, and tall socks.
Stranger things #happyhalloween from Eleven and Dustin!
A photo posted by @amyschumer on
Schumer took to Instagram to share a comical video of the duo riding bikes in their getup from the popular Netflix drama. “Eleven wait up it’s me!” she hilariously penned.
4. Cindy Crawford & Rande Gerber: Model Cindy Crawford and her husband, Rande Gerber, hosted the Casamigos party with their two teenage children on Friday night. The family of four impressed in coordinating punk-themed costumes.
Crawford, 50, and the couple’s daughter, Kaia, 15, rocked big hair and dramatic makeup. Gerber, 54, sported spiky, blue hair, and the couple’s son, Presley, 17, donned plaid pants and a punk-style vest.
About last night 🤘🏻#CasamigosHalloween
A photo posted by Cindy Crawford (@cindycrawford) on
5. Matthew Morrison & Renee Puente: Birthday boy Matthew Morrison hosted his annual Halloween party on Saturday, October 29 — just a day before turning 38. The Glee alum and his wife, Renee Puente, dressed as Suicide Squad’s Joker (Jared Leto) and Harley Quinn (Margot Robbie).
“What an incredible night with my Puddin, @reneemmorrison,” the actor captioned an Instagram shot of he and his love in character. “Great to celebrate another year on this [earth]. Thank you to the people who worked so hard to [put] the epic party on! #morrisonadventures #halloween #harleyquinn #joker #birthdayboy.”
Halloween 2016 is turning out to be an epic year for couples in costume!